EMPLOYMENT / BOARD OPPORTUNITIES
We are now accepting applications for the following position:
Job Title: Thrift Store Operations Manager
The Thrift Store Operations Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Crossroads Hospice Thrift Store, ensuring all operations are consistent with CHS best practices and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteers & Staff Management:
- Manage daily cash receipts/sales tapes, petty cash and daily bank deposits
- Ensure there are sufficient volunteers trained in operating the cash counter
- Establish, review and implement store policies and procedures
- Manage the efficiency of the thrift store; monitor workflow, ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained and work is allocated effectively.
- Oversee the acceptance and evaluation of donated items
- Maintain appropriate donated inventory levels
- Monitor and execute disposal of unacceptable donations, culling residuals and refuse.
- Participate in the annual budget process and monthly financial analysis.
- Research, recommend and implement approved strategies for growth.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, coordinate an annual marketing and advertising campaign.
- Maintain overall safety of customers and volunteers as per safety regulations
- Ensure optimum store standards are consistently maintained.
- Carry out leadership role with integrity and promote the same.
- Provide leadership to and supervise Thrift Store Coordinator
- Ensure recruitment, screening, orientation and ongoing training of volunteers is effective and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Implement and carry out effective communications with volunteers
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for volunteers
- Consistently maintain thrift store records and volunteer data, including volunteer hours
- Provide leadership to staff and team leaders so they in turn can provide direction on: donation intake, inventory control, sorting practices, pricing, culling, customer service
- Maintain positive volunteer and customer relations by responding to problems or issues that may evolve and ensure that they are handled appropriately.
- In partnership with the Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator, organize regularly scheduled volunteer team leader and volunteer meetings;
- Plan and implement volunteer support and training with Thrift Store Coordinator and CHS Community Volunteer Coordinator
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Collaborate with CHS Community Volunteer Coordinator in organizing volunteer events and establishing a volunteer development program.
- Liaise with community businesses and other sources for volunteer recruitment and donation intake.
- Provide verbal updates on a regular basis and monthly written reports on the operations and staffing to the Executive Director.
- Develop a plan with the Executive Director around deliverables for the year, including time lines, goals and objectives.
- Participate in regional Hospice Thrift Store Committee meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum three years retail and/or thrift store management experience with responsibilities including; direct staff supervision, recruiting, hiring, evaluation and training of staff and/or volunteers
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Commitment to high store standards
- A self-starting, self-motivating mindset
- A Volunteer Management Certificate or combination of education and experience
- An interest in the field of hospice palliative care
- This position is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
This full-time position reports to the Executive Director.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Problem solving and resolution skills with individuals and groups
- High level of diplomacy and discretion, as well as ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, donors and the public
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid BC Driver's License and required access to a vehicle
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package with an opportunity to make a difference in the community. Salary range: $40,000 - $48,000
Please email your resume and covering letter no later than November 16, 2015 to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all those who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.