IMMEDIATE OPEINING - Now Hiring
JOB DESCRIPTION: Marketing Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to join our team of caring professionals who help deliver valuable community services and raise important program and operational funding. The ideal candidate is positive, organized, and detail-oriented with strong initiative and proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving, and prioritizing workloads.
This position specifically supports the activities of Marketing and Communications functions. This position assists with front-line service to donors, staff, and general inquiries to the Society and provides reception. This position also assists with general office support and supports the activities of special events and Annual Giving.
Training and education program. Office located in Port Coquitlam, BC.
Qualifications and Professional Capabilities
- Managing social media channels for two separate entities - programs and store
- Assist with and lead the launch of three new social media platforms for store (FB, P and I)
- Scheduling and coordination of advertising and commercial printing
- Posting special events in a timely manner on appropriate websites, etc.
- Assisting with prospect research and event management, and marketing and communications functions
- Maintaining relevant tracking spreadsheets and documents, updates and input into database system, data entry, drafting correspondence to donors and prospective donors
- Managing You Tube channel
- Design and prepare power point presentations in collaboration with selected team members for community presentations and Annual Gala
- Assist with brand awareness activities and events in the community
- Assist with volunteer, staff and stakeholder communications pieces
- Prepare and electronically distribute monthly board meeting and committee packages
- Record minutes at monthly board meeting and main confidentiality
- General office support, including but not limited to, opening and closing the office, meeting and board room bookings and set up, maintaining, ordering, and organizing office supplies,
- Assisting with receiving and processing donations
- Answering the phone and greeting in-person guests and inquiries in a warm, helpful, and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Grade 12 with some post-secondary (degree, certificate, or diploma preferred), or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Schedule: 32 to 37.5 per week
- Experience in a busy office environment or similar environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer care service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with competing priorities
- Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize, work to deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude
- Tact, diplomacy, and maturity in dealing with donors, volunteers, and the public
- Team player, able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- A self-starter who is curious and resourceful
- Good skillset in MS office, especially with Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience in a not-for-profit, fundraising environment would be an asset
- Marketing and communications knowledge and experience (including digital) would be an asset
- Social media platform experience required
- Experienced in editing video clips would be an asset
Typical Work Week: Weekdays with some occasional weekend events)
Annual Vacation: 3wks
Benefits: Group Health Benefits; Birthday of With Pay plus Easter Monday and Boxing Day off with Pay.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter with salary expectations and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those candidates short listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Charity Number: 894850635 RR0001